As a family owned and operated small business, we sincerely hold the well-being of our employees, our clients, and our community close to heart, especially during these ever-changing times. Due to concerns over the Coronavirus, we want to address the measures that we are taking to ensure that we minimize exposure and the spread of COVID-19.
We are compliant with the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and we have provided these guidelines to our employees as well.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol.
- When visiting with clients, whether in our showroom or in their homes, our team is instructed to wear a mask.
- We will have disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer readily available for any visitors.
- Our janitorial crew will disinfect the showroom before and after every in-person appointment as well as at the start and end of every work day.
- In addition to our janitorial crew routinely cleaning and disinfecting the entire office area and showroom, employees are to disinfect their own desk, keyboard, etc. with a disinfecting agent.
- Employees who experience any symptoms of illness (fever, coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing, fatigue, etc.) are to notify their supervisor immediately and stay home. If they begin experiencing any symptoms while at work, they will be sent home immediately.
- Prior to entering a client's home, we will disinfect our hands and any materials (samples, tools, etc.) that we bring into the home. In turn, we ask that the client disinfects their home prior to our arrival as well. Prior to leaving a client's home, we will disinfect any surfaces that we have touched.
- If the client is experiencing any symptoms, the employee is instructed to postpone the appointment indefinitely.
- If the client says that they are not experiencing any symptoms, but the client is visibly showing symptoms, the employee is instructed to postpone the appointment indefinitely.
- If the client is not experiencing any symptoms, but is concerned about letting people into their home, the appointment will be postponed until the client feels comfortable and will be rescheduled accordingly. Prior to entering a client’s home, employees are instructed to ask the client if they are experiencing any symptoms (fever, coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing, fatigue, etc.).
These guidelines will be updated to remain consistent with the recommendations provided by the CDC. For more steps on protecting yourself, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
For more information on preparing yourself when hiring an in-home service provider, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/at-home/in-home-services.html
If you currently have an appointment setup and would like to speak with a team member about any concerns you may have, please call us at (847) 541-4848.
Updated on October 8, 2020.