Hardwood Flooring Options
Homeowners love hardwood because of its natural beauty, with versatile choices that fit with every type of home design. Popular wood choices include:
- Walnut: soft and light with great sunlight resistance
- Cherry: a popular option with several varieties
- Oak: a classic design that matches various interior styles and furniture
- Maple: light-colored and extremely durable; great for children and pets
- Ash: natural-looking and pairs well with sophisticated home decor
- Mahogany: dark, rich coloring and great durability
Once you choose your flooring, you can opt for a clear finish to highlight the grain of the planks or opt for a custom stain.
Reasons to Consider Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood flooring is appropriate for every room in your home, and you can even use engineered hardwood for high-moisture areas such as the bathroom or basement. Most are durable enough to stand up to kids and pets. They still look great even with some wear and tear, so they're an investment that will last for decades to come. In fact, you can refinish hardwood floors between five and seven times, which means they could look great even in 100 years.
Hardwood floors are also easy to clean. Simply sweep up dust and dirt, then use a damp mop. Unlike carpets, they don't harbor allergens that reduce indoor air quality.
Browse our 7,500-square-foot home design showroom to explore the exclusive hardwood flooring options available at OHi, then schedule an appointment with one of our expert flooring professionals to begin your project today.